Frequently asked questions...

Who is responsible for the sidewalk in front of my house?
While that property is dedicated for public use as right-of-way, the homeowner is responsible for the sidewalk and grass area in between the sidewalk and the street.

Does the Township provide garbage collection?
No, Rumpke, Inc. provides garbage collection services in Ross Township. They can be reached at (513) 851-0122.

Which streets are not maintained by the Ross Township Road Department?
The township does not maintain any Federal, State and County roads, private drives or undedicated streets.Undedicated streets are the responsibility of the subdivision's developer.

Who is responsible for dead animal pickup?
In Township right-of-way only call us at (513) 863-2337, County Roads, (513) 867-5744, Federal & State Roads: Ohio Department of Transportation: (800) 831-2142.

Who do I call if a traffic light is out?
Butler County Engineer: (513) 867-5744.

How do I get a roadway sign placed on my Township maintained street?
All signs in the Township are placed in accordance with Ohio Law. You may request a sign by sending a letter to the Ross Township Board of Trustees. The request will be researched for legal conformity and will be placed, if approved.

Who do I call for potholes on my street?
Township Roads - Ross Township Public Works: (513) 863-2337
County Roads - Butler County Engineer: (513) 867-5744
Federal & State Roads: Ohio Department of Transportation: (800) 831-2142

What do the levels of snow emergency classifications mean?

  • Level 1: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be icy. Motorists are urged to drive very cautiously.
  • Level 2: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads may also be very icy. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roads. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work. Motorists should use extreme caution.
  • Level 3: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be driving during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel or a personal emergency exists. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roads may subject themselves to arrest.

For more information visit the OCSWA Snow Emergency Classifications web page.